Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod

3 posters

Go down

Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod Empty Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod

Post by getaalong Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:34 pm

I know, it's totally my fault but that just makes it hurt even more. I was outside cleaning my line and practicing some casts when I had to run inside to get something. My son was outside and playing in the mud quite contently but before I ran in I told him "DO not touch my rod". 60 seconds later the tip is broken and lost, and of course Bass Pro won't sell me a replacement segment. I am seriously grieving here.
getaalong
getaalong

Back to top Go down

Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod Empty Re: Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod

Post by Tyler Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 pm

I know how it feels! I've had rods snap and shatter many times. What rod is it?
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod Empty Re: Never leave a 3yr old alone with your rod

Post by getaalong Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 am

7'6" 4 wt Hobbs creek from the white river line. I
know it's not an expensive rod but it's been great for me this past year while I've been learning. I don't know what to get now, my funds are pretty low too. I'm intrigued by tankara rods but I don't think I want that for my only rod. I am very open to suggestions.
getaalong
getaalong

Back to top Go down

Post by teachrtec Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry to hear that. I hate when a rods passes no mater the price tag. Doors and trunk lids killed a few for me.

Cabelas has the Redingtonā„¢ Crosswater Fly Rod on sale for $39 right now. Good rod for the price. 9' 5 wt is the idea starting point rod seems like.
teachrtec
teachrtec

http://trashflies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by getaalong Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah that looks like a great deal, thanks teach. That would suit me fine because mostly I'm just hitting the DH or HS waters on my way to and from work. I can wait a few months to pick up a smaller 3wt for bluelining.
getaalong
getaalong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum