Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

making bamboo fly rods

Go down

making bamboo fly rods Empty making bamboo fly rods

Post by charlie Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 am

Good day all, been a while since i have posted anything, so to catch up a little, things have been a little hetic around the shop, but looking up now since i got a metal lathe the making has taken a small bach seat but now that i have learned a little about metal lathe a whole new world has open up to me in rod making. I now can make about all the reel seat hardwarei desire to undertake. Whoo boy!I have just aqbout finished making a creek rod for the grandaughter, who inspires me. also i toned this rod using aspecial browntone which i make, have not give any thoughts of trying to market it. but it does work well. if anyone who is into making bamboo rods wants to try it give me a shout. I am always interrested in doing a bit of tradeing. Went to Jefferson nc and then up to big wilson creek for couple of days, chasing smallmouths on the new and trout in the streams of nc and va wilson was very good, sma;;ies were not very coop. landed a few, trout on the other hand was fairly good considering the temp. cranberry creek pretty good, others fair to poor. hitting hoppers and believe it or not a bream killer spider orange with a few magic marker black dots on it. just something that jumped out of my mind on the water. well i guess i caught up a little. Tyler i really like the flies very impressive. til pigs fly charlie

charlie

Back to top Go down