Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Bonefish under the trees

2 posters

Go down

Golden Bonefish under the trees Empty Golden Bonefish under the trees

Post by teachrtec Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Curry, his mom and I went to the river so I could show him the art of sight fishing for Golden Bonefish. Wouldn't you know the water would be seriously stained. Curry fished a flyrod and his mom soaked some bait and hung-out. (Really great lady)

The hatch came off a little everytime the wind blew the hatch tree Wink

I caught a dink catfish on the first cast. Started instructing Curry on the ways of the wily G Bonefish. We threw a super secret prototype fly pattern. Hopefully I can keep it on the down low :?

A G Bone came into sight through the ugly colored water. Curry was rigging so I swung the fly into his lane. The race was on. 5wt are good for lots but I'm pretty sure this wasn't in the design specs.

Golden Bonefish under the trees Carp6-16-2010

Curry started swinging a 'secret fly' while I spotted for him. After awhile another one came into the lane. Contact and it was on for about 1/2 min. then the hook pulled. It happens. We called that a 'hooked fish'.

Awhile later a fish came into the lane. Curry placed it and just as he set the hook it pulled. Sort of a 'Hooked Fish' or a miss in some circles.

Later spotted a big shadow cruising in. I directed him to where and how to place the fly. 1:00 and 12:00 don't work so well when your 'guiding' from a root by the river Wink Half strip and drop back does Smile Hooked up and the race was on. He had a full blown brawl on. 20 minute fight. Saw his backing 3 times. Warmed his hand up pretty well Smile Palm drag.

Golden Bonefish under the trees CurrysCarp

Made his day. Biggest fish on a fly for him. He caught a dink catfish as well.

His mom packed fixings for hot dogs and we grilled 'em over a small fire by the river. Nice lady.

Golden Bonefish rock Very Happy
teachrtec
teachrtec

http://trashflies.com

Back to top Go down

Golden Bonefish under the trees Empty Re: Golden Bonefish under the trees

Post by Tyler Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Now that is awesome! Very nice golden bonefish! Was this on the French Broad?
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down