Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Mountain - 11/13

5 posters

Go down

Stone Mountain - 11/13 Empty Stone Mountain - 11/13

Post by hookedontrout Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Roll Cast and I hit the DH stream at Stone Mountain today. It was pretty crowded and we were only able to hit three pools. The water was as low as we have seen it there and was also slow and clear. We had a slow beginning with just a few strikes. As the day warmed up, things started to get active. We used mostly nymphs - copper johns, princes, hare's ears, pheasant tails, and dark midges. Andrew caught several on his Y2K and outfished his old dad by quite a bit. We both had a lot of strikes and several LDR's and landed 6 overall. Not a large number but we are both getting better at casting into clear pools following Tyler's advice, so still a great day!

First one of the day in a faster moving pool
Stone Mountain - 11/13 18610
Andrew's first
Stone Mountain - 11/13 18710
Andrew's second
Stone Mountain - 11/13 18810
This one is not foul hooked - he was flopping at lot and the prince swung in front of him
Stone Mountain - 11/13 19010
All fish released to provide enjoyment for another day.

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Stone Mountain - 11/13 Empty Re: Stone Mountain - 11/13

Post by Tyler Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 pm

You guys are on a roll! Very nice rainbows!

Have you guys fished Wilson Creek yet? Big fish are being caught over there. Highly recommend it!
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FireFly Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Nice HookedonTrout. Glad to see fish are still in Stone Mountain. Wish I could join you guys up there, but obligations are keeping me close to home right now. Keep us posted on all of your fishing trips. Good luck.
FireFly
FireFly

Back to top Go down

Post by hookedontrout Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:49 pm

We definitely have the Wilson, Helton, and Watauga on our list. We fished the Wilson last spring, not much luck and ran into two sets of poachers on the DH part who gave us dirty looks and one actually asked us to leave the hole where we were fishing. We fished the Helton with a guide so we are anxious to get back there. We have never fished the Watuaga. We usually do not do well with new streams so any help or advice (where to park or start, what type of water or holes to look for, etc.) would be appreciated and followed. Man, I've got the fishing bug bad so I will have to dial it back some to appease the boss (if the wife aint happy, aint no one happy). Thanks guys!

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Post by teachrtec Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Good stuff for sure Smile
teachrtec
teachrtec

http://trashflies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBeane Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Nice! had similar success there on thursday...good day besides one jackass who tried to give us a lesson on DH stream etiquette Laughing

SBeane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down