Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frist Smokies Trout!

2 posters

Go down

Frist Smokies Trout! Empty Frist Smokies Trout!

Post by hookedontrout Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Took the boys for our second ever back country camping trip. We sure picked the coldest night of the week as it hit 25 degrees on Wednesday night. After hiking up a short ways to the campsite, we set up our tent, gathered firewood for the cold night and went fishing. The fishing was slow due to a combination of the cold and our lack of experience fishing in Smokies streams. Last year, we all were skunked completely with no takes or strikes. This year, we all managed to hook trout. My two boys both hooked nice fish, but these fish are smart. They swam across the stream into some submerged logs and branches and once the line went slack from being caught on the branches, the fish broke off. My first fish broke off pretty quickly and my second fish jumped out of the water about 2 feet and spit the hook. We were all still pretty stoked just to be able to hook some trout. We endured a freezing 25 degree night and woke up to frost and ice. After we packed up and cleaned our site, we fished for a few more hours. I finally managed to hook, land, and photograph a Smokies rainbow! We survived the cold, hooked our first trout in the GSMNP, and all in all created some memories that will last forever! We have already planned trip number three.

Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7039
Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7040
Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7041
Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7042
Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7110
Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7111
Frist Smokies Trout! Dscf7112

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Frist Smokies Trout! Empty Re: Frist Smokies Trout!

Post by Tyler Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:59 pm

You can't beat a successful backcountry trip! Great looking bow!
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down