Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away

2 posters

Go down

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away Empty Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away

Post by hookedontrout Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Roll Cast (Andrew) and I hit South Mountains today. There are a lot of fish there but they are concentrated in pools. The pools are clear, slow, and provide no cover. But the DH fish are still fun to catch. We fished nymphs, eggs, wet flies, streamers, and one dry today. Each pool seemed to have the "alpha" fish, and in one pool, I managed to catch a huge brookie on a prince nymph. When Andrew tried to bring him in, he would not fit in the net. We finally got him stuffed into the net and I stupidly put him on a big rock so we could measure him and take a photo. He measured just over 21 inches and had beautiful orange colors. As we were about to take the photo, he actually forced his head out of the net, flopped on the rock and slithered off and took off before we could photograph him. Embarassed Mad . It was the biggest trout of my short fly fishing career so far. No other fish came close in size, but we did manage a few photos. Still a great and fun day!

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 17810

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 18010

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 18110

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 18210

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 18310

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 18410

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away 18510

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away Empty Re: Fun DH Day - The One That Got Away

Post by Tyler Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Now those are some nice bows! Hate to hear that the catch of the day flopped back in the water before taking a picture! I've had that happen way to many times...
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum