Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobbled to the Stream!

2 posters

Go down

Hobbled to the Stream! Empty Hobbled to the Stream!

Post by hookedontrout Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Still have about 6 weeks to go before I can walk without crutches after Achilles tendon surgery, but the doctor gave the ok to bear weight this week. It's been tough to miss the fall season so far. Andrew and I headed to favorite DH stream nice and early to find a spot where I could fish from the bank. It was cold this morning! We found a nice spot with cooperative trout. I hobbled to the stream on crutches and found a spot where I could cast without falling into the water. Casting was tough since I kept getting caught on branches and brushes because I could not really move on the crutches. We brought about 20 to hand in 2 hours and Andrew would have had a lot more, but he stayed close to his injured dad to help him. Great day!

First fish after more than 2 months without fishing - caught on a Y2K
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7024

Andrew got the ball rolling with this one
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7025

I kept getting tangled using a thingamabobber, so Andrew tied on a large Para Adams as my indicator and this brookie struck the dry
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7026

Andrew switched to a 14 Para Adams and caught a hatch, which led to fish after fish
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7027
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7028
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7029
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7030

I caught this one on a dry too!
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7031

Nice colors on this one! Did not expect par marks on a stocker.
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7032

Last one of the day. Great day! Good to get out.
Hobbled to the Stream! Dscf7033

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Hobbled to the Stream! Empty Re: Hobbled to the Stream!

Post by kanflyfisher Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 am

Nice fish. Hope that you keep improving with your surgery. I love fall and winter fishing and that is the only time that I can fish for trout here in Kansas.

kanflyfisher

Back to top Go down