Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helton Creek 3/6/10

2 posters

Go down

Helton Creek 3/6/10 Empty Helton Creek 3/6/10

Post by vinpaysdoc Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm

The scenery was beautiful. I took my 14 yo son to let him practice casting and learning to see the Dry Fly on the water. I figured that we'd probably get a fish or two come up to the fly even though it's early. Hey, these are stock fish, right? We were fishing just a little below Hwy 194. I might have spooked 2 fish and neither of us caught anything. From looking at the other anglers along the stream it appeared that few folks were catching fish. It seems that the snow may have kept the Fisheries folks from stocking last week. At least my son was able to get some good practice in casting and I left the water before he got frustrated. I'm guessing that they'll stock the stream this week and next weekend should be better. Of course, it may simply have been that we were fishing dry flies instead of nymphs. I look forward to going back there sometime and trying the segment of the stream above 194.

Greg

vinpaysdoc

Back to top Go down

Helton Creek 3/6/10 Empty Re: Helton Creek 3/6/10

Post by Tyler Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Nymphs are catching more than dries right now. I wish it was the other way around. Dry fly fishing is a lot of fun!!
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down