Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot trip to the river

3 posters

Go down

Hot trip to the river Empty Hot trip to the river

Post by teachrtec Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 pm

It has been really hot here today. Sickening hot to me. Only went out to paint some and quick trip to the dump and hardware. Otherwise was a good house husband and did chores. Really surprised me when Mrs T came home and ask if I wanted to the river later. I almost said no.

The water was clear. Really clear.

Found a spot where the carp are usually abundant. Figured I wouldn't get a shot. Few minutes of contemplating how hot it was.

Saw one come into sight. Swung the fly in front of it's general path. Off to the races.

Hot trip to the river IMGP2872

Released and back to watching shortly a pair show up. Big and small fish. My usual luck is to catch the small one or miss both.

Hot trip to the river IMGP2875

Got the bigger one Smile

Little later. Missed several that just flat out weren't interested. Then this one came by. Rejected the fly initially. I watched him cruise away and then turn back. Another lite cast and he decided to take.

Hot trip to the river IMGP2877

I have seen my backing several times this evening and seen more carp due to the clear than I have in several weeks in one trip. If you want tying instruction on the fly just ask. If you want to catch carp throw away your pride and head to the closest river. I'll bet they are there too. Take a big net and remember to not leave it in the car afterwards Smile
teachrtec
teachrtec

http://trashflies.com

Back to top Go down

Hot trip to the river Empty Re: Hot trip to the river

Post by Tyler Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:22 pm

It has been miserable. I bet wet wading in the river felt good in the heat though! Good thing carp don't mind the heat! Very nice feesh by the way! Cool
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by getaalong Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Nice fish indeed. I've been pretty lucky with panfish and some smallies this week but trout have been scarce lately. It's hot even in Boone right now.
getaalong
getaalong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down