Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brookie Heaven, Camera Heartbreak

2 posters

Go down

Brookie Heaven, Camera Heartbreak Empty Brookie Heaven, Camera Heartbreak

Post by hookedontrout Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Andrew (aka Roll Cast) and I escaped the end of DH madness and hit a blueline today. In the past we have had little to no luck on these streams, but thanks to the advice from this site, we kept at it. It was actually a cool 66 degrees when we started, and the fishing was great from the start. In our second pool, Andrew caught his first wild brookie. It was a pretty little fish that actually was so small that it went right through the holes in the rubber net. After we had a good laugh about that, we continued up, climbing rocks and fighting rhodo. It was awesome, pool after pool of hard strikes and hooked fish. In about four hours, I brought 7 gorgeous specks to hand and Andrew managed 5. We carefully took pictures of each fish to capture their beautiful colors before releasing them. Andrew found a trail to take back to the car so we didn't have to rock hop our way down. Unfortunately, somewhere on the way down, I lost my camera with all of our fishing and camping pictures, including the 20 or so pics from today. I am sick about losing the pictures more than the camera. If anyone fishing a blueline finds a royal blue Olympus Stylus Tough, waterproof camera, PLEASE reach out. Still a great fishing day! Can't wait to go back and catch more specks and look for the camera.

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Brookie Heaven, Camera Heartbreak Empty Re: Brookie Heaven, Camera Heartbreak

Post by Tyler Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Always great to hear of a successful bluelining trip! Those specs are captivating. You won't find many fish that rival the colors of a wild brookie.

Sorry to hear about the camera! Hopefully it turns up when you guys fish again. A lot of anglers have either lost or dropped the camera in the water while fishing, so you're definitely not the only one. I bet the pictures are burnt into your memory though. I know my first brook trout is. You'll never forget it.

Congrats on catching some first wild brookies!
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down