Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Day on a Brookie Stream!

2 posters

Go down

Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Empty Great Day on a Brookie Stream!

Post by hookedontrout Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 pm

My son Andrew, aka Rollcast, took me for a belated Father's Day fishing trip today. We headed up to our favorite brookie stream. It was a cool 64 degrees when we got the stream and water was nice and cold. The water was a bit high and fast from the rain yesterday, but after hiking up the stream a bit, we found some nice pools. The fish were active, striking dries all morning long. We caught nice brookies pool after pool with some nice big ones, which are unusual for this stream. We each caught two brookies that were just north of 8 inches with nice colors. One deep pool had the largest fish I have ever seen on this stream, it must have been at least 12 inches or more. It struck the dry a few times, but I could not set the hook, but I know where he is for the next time. We also came across the top half of a huge crayfish, which my son first thought was a lobster. Could that have been a bird that pulled it out of the stream? We had great day!

Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7120
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7122
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7124
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7125
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7126
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7127
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7128
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7129
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7130
Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Dscf7131

hookedontrout

Back to top Go down

Great Day on a Brookie Stream! Empty Re: Great Day on a Brookie Stream!

Post by Tyler Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Very nice! A 12" wild brookie would've been incredible. Doubt you'd forget that one for the rest of your life. They're hard to come by!
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down