Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuckasegee River 4/6/2010

Go down

Tuckasegee River 4/6/2010 Empty Tuckasegee River 4/6/2010

Post by Buffalo96 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Left Brevard to see how the Tuck was looking for some afternoon fishing. Unfortunately, we did not check up on the generation schedules before we made the long ass trek over the mountain to get there. When we arrived it looked high and nasty! I noticed that there was an area of construction near Dillsoboro right below the Dillsboro Inn. Did they remove a dam? The area looked scarred and there was a yellow boom across the river there to catch silt I assume.

We went up North and South River roads and it looked unfishable. However, we drove all that way and decided to give it a go. STUPID! The water was running hard and it was some dangerous wadinf conditions in my opinion. I was afraid to face downstream for fear that my legs would be taken from under me and I would end up fish bait.

I did manage to get to the generation schedule from one of Tyler's links and saw that they were generating from 9a-10p for three days straight. We decided to cut our losses and head for Wilson Creek where we knew the fishing would be good.

The Tuckasegee was now the "Suckasegee". SKUNK!!! Mad
Buffalo96
Buffalo96

http://buffaloangler.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down