Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell River 5/14/10

2 posters

Go down

Mitchell River 5/14/10 Empty Mitchell River 5/14/10

Post by vinpaysdoc Sat May 15, 2010 8:06 am

Nice when they dump a bunch of 12-14 inch fish in the river.....They stocked most of the DH streams last week. Now's the time to fish them before they allow folks to take them out. I didn't catch a Brown, but I caught a little bit of everything else, including a smallmouth. And what ARE those blue-ish fish that sit over/collect pebbles in the stream? Are those Creek Chubs?

I caught fish in most pools with an Adams. There was one run about 100 yards up from the last parking spot on Grover Cockerham Road that just kept bringing the fish. I tried to coax my 17 yo son back into the water to catch fish there, but, he was 'too tired'.

Now, it's time to see if I can coax the 14 yo to go back there this morning. There's nothing quite like watching the fish sail out of the water after the fly.....

G

Last edited by vinpaysdoc on Sat May 15, 2010 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

vinpaysdoc

Back to top Go down

Mitchell River 5/14/10 Empty Re: Mitchell River 5/14/10

Post by Tyler Mon May 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Sounds like a great trip!!

My guess is that the fish you're seeing are sculpins. I could be wrong though...
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down