Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010

3 posters

Go down

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 Empty Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010

Post by Buffalo96 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 am

After the suck of the Suckasegee we decided to go fish where we knew the fish would be plentiful and stupid. Wilson Creek was our destination that, in the past had, produced beyond expectations.

We began the first day fishing the end of the DH area. I began having a rough day as it seemed that I could not do anything right to catch fish or save my life. The fish were spread out and I think we picked an area that did not get much stocking or hold much fish. Wilson Creek was beginning to let me down and my new favorite fishing spot was letting me down. Have you ever had a day when you could do no right? Well, Wednesday was my day. Tackle problems, slow fishing, and I even managed to fall in the creek to boot. Sad The day was salvaged when I was able to catch a nice brown and a couple of brookies prior to getting out to eat lunch. Afterward, we caught some more fish and ended the day at Moritmer Campground with some Dinty Moore and a bottle of Maker's Mark. Life was again good.

On Thursday we stuck camp and hit a familiar Wilson Creek spot for some fish. Luckily, Wilson Creek did not let us down and we continually pulled in brookies one after the next. My confidence was back and all was right with the world. We easily pulled in 20-30 fish the second day and Wilson Creek has firmly established it's self as my favorite fishing spot in NC. My buddy even pulled in some respectable rainbows. Unfortunately the rain moved in as we scouted the wild waters of running off the creek for some fun. I got soaked and we decided that with heavy rains forecast it would be a waste to fish the next day. We headed back to Greensboro with plans of our next fishing adventure. Maybe Helton Creek..... Very Happy

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 IMG_5361

The Jeep decked out for some fishing travel...

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 IMG_5366

OUCH!! Now I know how a trout feels. I am waiting for my arm to fall off since this fly had caught many fish prior to this and had got some nasty on it.

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 IMG_5367

Lots of fish in this area. You figure out where it is......

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 IMG_5372

A brookie on a parachute Adams fly.

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 IMG_5377

See you next time.......
Very Happy
Buffalo96
Buffalo96

http://buffaloangler.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 Empty Re: Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010

Post by Tyler Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Sweet pics Les!! Looks like Wilson treated you well. I'm loving those underwater snapshots of that brookie.
Tyler
Tyler
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

http://www.tarheelflyfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo96 Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Me too! That last one is my new wallpaper on my laptop. Wilson Creek does not disappoint!
Buffalo96
Buffalo96

Back to top Go down

Wilson Creek 4/7-8/2010 Empty Nice pics

Post by vinpaysdoc Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Les,

Sounds like a great week of fishing! I got soaked on Thursday as well when a deluge complete with lightning blew up in the morning at Cherokee.

I may just have to try Wilson Creek this coming weekend. We'll see what the weather looks like.

The Mortimer campground is also a great tip. I was wondering where I might stay there.

Greg

vinpaysdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo96 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Wilson Creek is a great place to fish. Luckily the Brookies up there are not very selective so you can catch a bunch and boost your confidence a little. I have stayed at the campground a couple of times and it is a good place to stay if you want to be close to the fish. You can get some firewood from the store at the crossroads.
Buffalo96
Buffalo96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down